Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Hiring Blues

I am currently in the last phase of hectic hiring activity.  It is so sad to see so many young people, with absolutely no idea of what they want to do in future.  Not just that, even their attitude troubles me a lot.  I have seen very few people who check credentials of the company before they come to meet us.  98% come into the interview room without any idea what we do.  All they need is a JOB.  It does not matter whoever gives it to them.  "Gimme My Job!!" attitude.  I feel sorry for these guys.  They are coming here to earn a good fortune of their life time, at least for the next few years, and they don't care. 
Usually that's my first question, and people answer -- "Sorry, I didn't have time.  I was too busy with my project". 
Dude! you did not come here to hang out with your friends.  You have come here to make an important move in your career.  Don't you think you should be a bit more careful, do some homework before you show up?

No comments: