Friday, September 30, 2005

Strong Home Team - The Mantra for Guaranteed Success

I have never been so happy in my life.

 

I've been able to achieve great success in recent years. I know success means different things to people. For me, success is to lead a “happy – no worries” life, personally and professionally.

 

I credit this success to having a “strong home team”. A loving and caring spouse, happy and satisfied parents/kids, healthy working environment – I believe these are critical factors for success, for anyone. I seriously think this environment forms a great platform to achieve success. For me, this was 98%. And the rest was my individual effort.

 

Almost all my life, I have been with my parents. They moved with me where ever I went for my job. While time-consuming household work was affectionately taken care by my father, my mother fed me with all possible, traditional Andhra delicacies. I never missed home food for most part of my life.

 

Even the work environment was morale boosting. Most of the teams I worked with were filled with positive people. When I said this last time, someone said, “Impossible!! Do you mean to say in your nine years of professional career, you never got negative/discouraging people on your teams?”.

 

I didn't say this. Of course, there were always such instances. Just the difference is that the association did not last long! Either such people were shunted out of teams, or simply I made the move. Very early in my life, I somehow realized that I could never relate to such teams as my productivity was seriously effected. Hence the moves were mandatory.

All the time along, I was expecting EXACT SAME results from life. In one of my earlier posts, I mentioned that I believe in “Speak What You Want!” principle. I was speaking what I wanted, demanding positive expectations from life.

 

I got married. Ours was an arranged one. Some were surprised to know that Indu and I did not even see each other before we were engaged. We spoke to each other on phone (as I was in UK, and she was in India). In less than an hour, we made the decision. You know if that's the ONE (meant for you), in a heart's beat. Our decision is hardly surprising for people who are aware of this nature's law. Quite coincidentally, both of us believed in it.

 

Today when we look back, we THANK GOD every minute for the decision we have made. We both believed in “Marriage is not about FINDING the right one, it's about BEING the right one”. It was refreshingly surprising for both of us to realize that we had 80% of our expectations met. The rest 20% is about Being the right one, and that's easy.

 

Today I represent one of the fastest growing Irish IT companies in the world. Our R&D center in India is bound to grow by leaps and bounds. I am among the first few to be brought in, to help them to achieve these results. This meant lot of ground work from hiring to delivery. Obviously lots of “stress” and “pressure”!

 

We just started tasting fruits our initial success. I can clearly see the invisible link between the success that I am achieving at work and a strong home team.

 

Indu is a born entrepreneur. She has some of the finest ideas of getting into business. Even in her wildest dreams, she never though of getting a “JOB”. She never liked the idea of working for someone. She is a straightforward “S” quadrant (if you read Robert Kiyosaki – the Rich Dad, Poor Dad fame, you know what I mean). She has these dreams and goals in life. And the best thing is she is clear about them.

 

Once I am home, I help her in realizing our dreams (just to explain, I made her dreams mine, she made mine, hers. Now there are no “Your” dreams or “My” dreams. Only “Our” dreams!!). The mazaa in working together as a team with your spouse – appreciating each other – to achieve a common goal in life! Wah, you have to live it realize the pleasures of it!!

 

Thus Indu and I, from “S” and “E” quadrants respectively, working together to move into our dream quadrant -- “I”. We realize the pleasure of success is NOT in achieving the end goal, but it IS in the journey. That's the reason we both believe:

 

Strong home team is The Mantra for guaranteed success.

 

No comments: